Angel Note

Angel Note
"If Music be the food of Love, Play on!" -- Wm. Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Paging Dr. Allred....

I just returned from a trip to the University. We spent the night singing a John Rutter piece, which was quite nice, and a TON of fun. The only problem is--now I want to go back to school to work on a doctorate degree, but we can't afford that right now.

I know there are always issues, but I am still very tempted to start looking into what I would need to do before applying, and what requirements for that particular degree are. I already have more initials than I know what to to with, no matter how appropriate some of them may be: A.S., B.S., M.M.

It also bugs me that public education wants teachers to get their Masters degrees, but almost blatantly discourages Doctorates! They are too afraid teachers will complete that degree and go teach at a university somewhere. I don't necessarily want to go to a college, but I still want the degree, and an open option would still be a bit of a plus.

Just as a passing note, the director at the University has the same last name as yours truly. Great director, and a heckuva guy, too!

1 comment:

Delirious said...

I think if you can swing it you should go for it!