Angel Note

Angel Note
"If Music be the food of Love, Play on!" -- Wm. Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Friday, March 18, 2011

Downturn

LadyBug isn't doing very well with her current drug. We had hoped that she would be one of the MANY people for whom this drug is milder, but that has not been the case so far. This round has her in constant pain, sometimes keeping her awake or waking her up. She has had a fairly high fever, along with that, and has been plagued with nausea and fatigue. At first, she was doing better, except for the pain, but this week, we had to take her to the doctor because of a high fever.
   
He put her on an antibiotic, and nausea medicine, and they gave her IV saline. She also had a chest X-Ray, due to a cough. The X-Ray didn't really show much, so we don't think we have to worry about that, and the doctor said her fever and some of the nausea could be linked to the medicine they give her to boost white blood cells. her white blood cell count was up, which was to be expected. The doctor still decided to treat it as an infection just to be safe.
   
If she is not feeling better by this coming Thursday, Dr. Chemo will make her wait a week until her next treatment. I think she will be okay with that, even though it means prolonging the overall length of her treatment. But it would also mean that our daughter Kissa would be through with school for the year, so she could help get LadyBug to radiation treatments.
  
On a different tack, our oldest son, Skitl, called us tonight. He took a taxi to a bus, the bus to another town, then WALKED SEVEN MILES to the neighboring town to pick up his car finally. He will pack up his gear and leave for home tomorrow. He might stop, or he might drive most of it as quickly as possible, so we don't know whether to expect him Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday. He plans to get an apartment with StarGazer and attend the same school next Fall. This is great for him, since it is the first major decision he has made for his future in awhile. 
   
And on a personal note, I wore a pair of jeans today that haven't fit me for two, three, or more years! I also wore a pair of cargo shorts that are in the same category. And this weekend, when I sing in a session of our church's local conference where we will be visited by someone from Church Headquarters, I will be wearing the suit I bought several years ago, that also hasn't fit me for quite some time. And luckily, I found some belts I had forgotten that are in good shape and now fit me again.
   
I haven't been feeling 100% the last week or so, but I am making do. I did have a few meals where I wasn't quite as careful as I have been, so I wonder of that's the source of my nausea. I still cannot afford the down time that would come from gall bladder surgery, so I will just keep exercising and eating right. Perhaps if I maintain that plan, I will put off the surgeon for as long as I need to.
   
In the mean time, we pray for LadyBug, and welcome the prayers of all those who join us. Take care!

2 comments:

Inklings said...

Please tell your sweet wife we pray for her every day...and that really, she doesn't have to have EVERY side effect! :0)She has sure been drug through it, and the rest of you, too. Hang in there, all of you.

Nene said...

I hope Dr. Chemo can get Ladybug feeling a bit better soon. Hope you're feeling better soon too!