Angel Note

Angel Note
"If Music be the food of Love, Play on!" -- Wm. Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dead Tired

Let me just say one thing before I continue: this is just an observation; you don't need to worry about me, and an intervention is not required.
  
That said....I am just dog-tired! My day starts no earlier than anyone's (okay, with the exception of graveyard workers, and my nocturnal sons), and perhaps ends a little later than some few, although perhaps earlier than some of you. I don't work harder than most of my associates (in fact, I am known to enjoy some down-time now and then), and I am neither physically ill (that I know of), nor mentally ill (though some of you may dispute this).
   
What I am is tired. And I say this with the full knowledge that I am typing this at 12:05 a.m., just before retiring for the night. I am only working two jobs right now. My brother Stick has worked even harder at times, although he became deathly tired as well. And one of my jobs is only a couple of evenings a week at the local college. 
   
And I don't mean to imply that taking care of LadyBug is in any way a tedious task. But I think, perhaps, that I may need to decline a few more "opportunities" for  awhile. I have come to the end of my ability to add more straws to the camel's back. 
   
The true irony is that I will most likely not change much of my daily life, with the exception that my last college classes are next week, and my public school classes end in just over a month. I keep trying to be creative, but end up just sitting and staring at nothing. At least I can still formulate thoughts in such a way that I can communicate.
   
Perhaps what i ned us gi yke diome dune ohd ehs maje s eyukes ecgfa fuine fir ne............
   
Or maybe I should just go to bed.

3 comments:

Delirious said...

Yea, I've been feeling a little over taxed the past couple of weeks, but luckily, the class I've been preparing for is Saturday, and next week is spring break! I keep telling myself that school is out in another month, and in the eternal scheme of things, the welfare of the seminary students is more important than my sleep. :)

Nene said...

I think both of you need to go to bed! (You and Delirious) :0}

Stick said...

Right there with you bro. I wake at 5 and to bed at 11 or later. :o(
Can't wait for my Master's to be done, and school to let out. Of course, my Master's classes end May 2nd, but start again May 16th for the Summer, and I hope to be teaching Summer school. Oh well, I'll sleep someday.