Angel Note

Angel Note
"If Music be the food of Love, Play on!" -- Wm. Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Monday, February 14, 2011

It Is a Glorious Thing to Be the Pirate King!

I posted the full story last year, so I won't repost it. But I just want to put this out there: I have been alive 22 years longer than I almost wasn't. A misplaced sword almost did me in on Valentine's Day of 1989, and here I am 22 years later, kickin' like a Rockette (ya, just try to get THAT image out of your head!).
  
It has always given m a sense of perspective to think that I came within less than an inch of trading in my pirate costume for a robe and (hopefully) a halo. And I realize none of this makes sense to people who never heard the original story. Oh well. I still won't repost it. Look in my archives.
   
To those of you who were a part of my world back then, thank you for directing the path of my life. I love you all and appreciate who I am because I knew you. To those who were not there, but are a part of my life now, thank you for keeping me on that path, and showing me what true graciousness is all about.
  
And to my daughters, whose birthdays were last week and today respectively, thank you for continuing to give me reasons to appreciate the time I've had (even though you don't read my blog!).
  
Lastly, to my wife, LadyBug, the Love-of -my-life, thank you for being with me through it all. Thank you for being my reason for everything I do, and for inspiring me with you strength in adversity. I may not yet be the man you deserve, but because of you, hopefully I will be the man I should be.
  
Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: