Angel Note

Angel Note
"If Music be the food of Love, Play on!" -- Wm. Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Saturday, June 18, 2011

If the Creek Don't Rise

Today we went to the wedding reception of a student who just graduated from high school. She was planning on attending college right up to the point where she met and started dating her husband. Now he will finish massage school, and she will go to Cosmetology school. He is about 8 years her senior.
   
After, we decided to drive to the river crossing nearest our house. Several years ago, they put in  a little bridge. You can't even see it right now from the flooding. I snapped a couple of pictures and decided to post them here. We have cooler weather this weekend, which annoys some people, but hopefully will keep the snow in the mountains from melting any faster.
   

   
I then sent a resume for a job here in town working in assembly for a company that manufactures carbon-fiber products such as prosthetics and such. It is an evening shift from 4 pm until midnight. I rarely go to bed before midnight right now, so that won't be a problem. The pay is good, so I hope something will come of it. It is also advertised as a temporary position, which has potential to be permanent. If hired, I'm not sure if I would stay once the school year starts, or go back to my college voice students. I know which I'd RATHER do, but will have to see what happens.
   
Tomorrow I will also speak with the manager of the grocery store where the rest of my family has worked. They have a 4 am shit that goes for a few hours unloading freight. I could consider even doing both jobs, but I would end up sleeping away most of the day. I have to balance providing for my family with whether or not I work myself into an early grave!
  
Well, I'll figure out something... Lord willing, and if the creek don't rise....

2 comments:

Delirious said...

Well, although it all sounds tiring, I do admire your work ethic!

Nene said...

Good luck!