Angel Note

Angel Note
"If Music be the food of Love, Play on!" -- Wm. Shakespeare, Twelfth Night

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

No More

LadyBug had her LAST RADIATION TREATMENT TODAY! I drove her up to make a special day of it. The office gave her a certificate of completion and a bottle of sparkling apple/cranberry juice. Kissa went with us, since she had the day off from work. We went to see Skitl and StarGazer, who took us to lunch at Applebee's. 
  
This was the perfect day for this too, since I was able to stop off at a town between here and there and pee in a cup for the drug test required by my new job. I go in tomorrow morning at 8:30 to complete the last of the paperwork, then I start in full-time! This job will work out to a part-time job once school starts, and I will continue until that salary is no longer necessary. Could be awhile. I'm sure if they'd double my current salary as a teacher, I'd be happy to work just for them.... No, I guess not, since I am more than halfway to retirement. Now AFTER retirement....
   
We are also only a month away from our Relay for Life. We have been trying to raise money for our team's pledge, but it has been slow-going. We are having a 20 mile bike-a-thon, and a karaoke contest, then on the night of the relay, we'll sell S'mores and hot cocoa. Around 2 a.m. that should be fairly welcome.
   
Right now, though, it is time to cook some spaghetti and enjoy an evening with the family (and the Scottish soccer coach we are hosting!). Take care!

3 comments:

Delirious said...

Yay! Congratulations! And congratulations on the new job! Glad things are working out.

Inklings said...

Woohoo! To both the end of radiation and the beginning of the new job.

Nene said...

You need to send us an email and tell us about your job and what you'll do. Congrats! And pretty cool that you can go to part time after school starts. The Lord is watching out for you!